For having a successful online presence, it is not just necessary to create a network, but that network should be relevant to your business. This network will decide your fate in the marketplace by generation of quality leads. Not targeting the relevant audience is just like groping in the dark. This means that your marketing strategy can meet a dead end where you might have quantity but not the quality of the Trade Leads that you desire. So, you must target your audience with a full proof marketing strategy and use the information to tailor messages that are relevant to your business.
For targeting your audience, the first and the most important step is marketing segmentation. By this, you can definitely improve your results and develop a quality lead. Marketing segmentation is done on the basis of demography i.e. age, sex, occupation, marital status, etc. Once you have clearer results of your targeted market segment, you can develop a specific and a relevant message as per their needs, desires and requirements.
5 steps that can surely help you in generating quality leads:
- Do Your Homework.
- Finding prospects that are like your target.
- Determination of main points of your target.
- Gathering the sales support assets.
- Creating a destination for information.
So, after reading this write-up, you must have understood that knowing your target audience is the key to developing quality leads.
SME is the abbreviation for Small and Medium Enterprises. These enterprises can be rightly called as the backbone of the GDP of India. The SME sector in India is growing at an exceptionally fast rate due to which it is proving to be beneficial to the Indian Economy. However, there are some important points that need to be considered for further development of the SME sector. Let us first analyze the current figures related to the SME sector in India:
- The contribution of the SME sector to the entire output of the country is 40 %.
- Currently, there are over 11 million SME units in India that produces more than 8000 products.
- 90 % of the Industrial Units in India belong to the SME sector.
- These SME units contribute 35 % to the Indian Industrial Export.
Let us analyze the factors that have contributed to the growth of the SME sector in India.
- SME units in India are being funded by foreign and local fund providers.
- The advancement in technology has also contributed highly to the SME sector. There are numerous business directories and trade portals available online that contains a rich database of manufacturers, sellers and buyers
- To start and maintain these units, minimal investment is required.
- These SME units are now being funded by many government and private banks.
- The SME sector is one of the greatest contributors of domestic production as well as the export earnings.· Many major mergers have taken place recently.
Thought the sector is flourishing and expected to grow further in the near future, there are however certain challenges that the SME sector will have to face.
- Though the SME industries are spread all over the urban areas, proper infrastructure needs to be developed in the rural areas to establish these industries there.
- The SME units are functioning efficiently and effectively, but even now there is lack of information regarding the inputs of these industries, like the raw materials, skills, machinery and equipment.
- There is need of high level research and development required to develop these sectors in both the urban and rural areas.
The SME sector is almost at the initial stage of its growth. With further advancements in technology, this sector is likely to grow further and contribute greatly to the economy of India.
Posted in SME
Tagged SME, SME Sector
Product Catalogs have revolutionized the e-business marketplace and continue to make the online shopping experience easier for buyers, sellers and traders across the globe. These contain the much needed information, which attracts the viewers to check out a certain product or service being advertised on the web.
Forming an indispensable part of online media advertising, Product Catalogs are benefiting businesses in numerous ways by presenting structured information that can be understood easily. Not only do these enhance the experience of the current shoppers but online products catalogs also help in driving sales by reaching out to a wider audience.
What’s in store for your business?
Product Catalogs open up new opportunities for your business that not only drive the current sales phase but also help you in devising the next marketing strategy. Here we will tell you how:
- Rake in the profits: As the shopping becomes easier, people feel like coming back again and again. Buyers can check out products by searching the B2B directories and easily select whatever they want to purchase.
- Broaden your horizons: Listed on business directories and other media, the catalogs can attract any web surfer who is looking forward to buy a product and present detailed information in his/her hands.
- Minimize the hassles: No calls required. With product catalogs, buyers can easily see the updated price quotations and manage accordingly. Another benefit comes in the form of simple order form creations.
- Bookmarking facility allows users to ‘favorite’ a certain product that they can check out now and buy later.
- Added facilities like flash, widgets can be used to display upcoming products, discounts etc.
- Search easily from over a 100 products in one website to find the relevant ones by the search facility.
Online V/S Printed Catalogs
- Global availability
- No distribution costs
- Easy to update and correct
- No damage to the environment
- Effective tool for measuring sales and buyers behavior
Product catalogs basically place the power to manage your sales and marketing strategy and also help in understanding what works and what not. With traditional catalogs becoming a thing of the past, online product catalogs will continue to rule the roost and a business that harnesses their power surely stands a good chance to benefit a lot from them.
Posted in B2B
Tagged Product Catalog
With the increasing number of consumers turning to the internet for seeking information about the products, services and companies, the need of marking online presence has become evident for the businesses. Most of the customers found web directories useful when they are looking for a certain set of information about the local businesses. These web business directories work like local yellow pages and offer complete information about the products, services and the company registered with them. In the rapidly growing world of online business, web directories are the best places for the consumer to find the information about what they are looking for.
Here, we are enlisting some of the major benefits of web directories that would tell you how they can take your business to the new heights.
Your clients or potential customers should know about your listing on the various web directories. Your listing acts as a face of your company online so add the logo of your company and furnish necessary details so that the customers can identify you easily. Customers feel comfortable to click on the listings, which are familiar to them. Your brand listing on web directories is an excellent branding opportunity.
Ease of Access
In today’s tech savvy world, almost everyone has the access to internet in some form for finding information. Unlike printed web directories, web directories put your information directly in front of the customer after a simple search. The rapid growth of wireless internet access has enabled people to look for information anytime and anywhere that has lead to instant communication between the buyer and the seller.
Most of the web directories are freely available on the internet and only few charges nominal amount for adding your listings. There are some web directories that charge some amount for making your listing appear on the top of the page every time when someone searches with a specific keyword related to your offerings. The targeted advertising offered by web directories maintains your budget line for advertisement in a highly cost-effective manner.
It takes only few clicks to make updates in your web directory listing and you make your audience aware of those updates in fraction of seconds. You can make instant updates about your phone number, address or any other new offering easily. With this, you offer the most up-to-date information to the visitors and maintain their interest in your company.
Besides, these basic advantages of web directories, there are several other ways in which these can help you in the perpetual growth of your business. Hopefully, this write-up has proved to be useful for you and has provided enough information about the benefits of web directories.
B2B is the abbreviation of Business to Business, which generally means exchange of products and services between businesses, like from manufacturer to wholesaler and from wholesaler to retailer. It is extremely beneficial to have a product which is unique in the market and which has huge popularity in the market. Your business is successful only due to the hard work and skill of your sales team. So, your sales team has to be highly skilled and experienced and should follow the most advanced and latest strategies.
Here are some tips for your sales team, which would be highly effective in improving your sales and will help your business grow.
- Understanding The Product: If your sales team has complete understanding of the product they are trying to sell, then it is half the battle won. The customers are not looking only for the benefits of your products but also for their application. They should get full information about the product’s applicability so that it can help them achieve their business goals. The clients may have various enquiries related to the product and the sales person should be able to answer them accurately. It is very important to train your sales team and so that they have knowledge of the products.
- Persistence Is The Key: It would be extremely harmful to your business if your sales people are trying to push the customers to buy the product. It is important to be persistent but being too pushy can irritate the customers. You have to draw a fine line between persistence and pushiness. In case, you are selling a product over a longer sales cycle of more than one month, then it is essential to contact the customer once a month so that you and your product remains at the forefront of their minds.
- Build Effective Relationship: It is essential to build effective relationship with your customers. Try to get to know them, what they like, what they don’t and cater to their needs and requirements. You should teach the salespeople to approach the customers cordially so that the customers are less likely to say no to your product.
- Ask Customer For Sale: Your sales person should ask the customer directly about the sale of the product if the customer does not have any objections. It is better to ask than to remain pondering over whether the customer wants to buy or not.
Sales are the benchmarks for the success of your company. More sales means more profit, which further contributes to the growth of your business. Good sales team is the backbone of any company and it is essential that they perform effectively for the benefit of the company.
There are many different ways of marketing a business. If you are running a business then you must have also used several ways like direct calling, door-to-door marketing, newspaper and online classifieds, etc. Have you ever thought of marketing your business through email? If no, then this is the time. What exactly is email marketing then? It can be called a form of direct marketing in which businesses use electronic mail as a means of communicating information about their products to their prospective clients. Email marketing is used for the following purposes:
- Enhance relationship of business with its current and previous customers and create customer loyalty.
- Acquire new customers or influence new customers to buy a newly launched product or service.
- Attaching your business advertisements to emails sent by other companies to their customers.
There are certain ways of marketing your products via email. Make sure you use the most effective one.Follow the below mentioned tips and see your business flourish at a faster pace.
- Keep in mind that just sending information about a product will not help. Imagine reading the email advertisement about a pen and after ordering the product you realize it was a pencil that the email was talking about. How would you feel if your client faced the same problem? Your business is likely to close down even before it heard the word “profit”. Make sure you do a thorough research of your product before sending ads related to it.
- Choose a target client list before sending out your email. If you send all the emails at once to different clients then it is likely to end in the spam folder. Do you want your attractive advertisement email to be deleted without being read? Of course you don’t. Then it is essential to target the audience who are most likely to buy your product or service.
- Make sure your advertisement is attractive and catchy. Imagine receiving a boring looking letter in your inbox only to realize later that it was actually the advertisement of a product or not to realize at all. Would you like your customers to overlook your email thinking it is just another newsletter?
Keep in mind all these factors if you want to advertise your business through email advertisements. There is just a small difference between a good or bad advertisement, but the difference in the outcome of a highly strategic advertisement and a badly implemented advertisement, is colossal.
Internet is the hub of all activities, be it personal, official or business related. It has especially impacted businesses to a large extent. All businessmen prefer to market their businesses and products online as they are sure of gaining customers faster this way. Many businesses are now using Internet Marketing Tools to promote their businesses online. These tools are highly effective in generating revenue for your business. Let us discuss the different internet marketing tools.
Email Marketing - Email is a very essential tool of internet marketing. It includes sending direct mails to email addresses of a variety of people, most commonly the target customers.
Blogs - Blogs are the most popular and commonly used internet marketing tool. People from all walks of life read and even write blogs. There are blogs online on various different topics like medicine, engineering, arts, and even industries and businesses. You can promote your products using blogs as they are widely browsed and read by internet users.
Articles - There are various business articles published regularly on the internet. Different articles are sometimes dedicated to different groups of businesses, which help in their promotion. These articles can be used as effective Internet Marketing Tools.
Banner Ads - Banner ads appear on a website, usually promoting some business or product, which is unrelated to the content of the website. These banner ads either appear at the top or bottom of the webpage. They are usually catchy and can be used as an effective Internet Marketing Tool.
Pop-Up Windows - Pop-Up windows, though highly irritating, are nevertheless very effective. They have the special feature of catching the attention of an internet user and create immediate impact. These pop-ups are usually in attractive and clashing colors to catch the attention of the internet users.
Even if you choose any of the above mentioned internet tools, you are not going to benefit from them if you do not employ the correct one for your business. The success of your business and website depends entirely on the internet marketing tool you have chosen. Do a complete market research before employing a marketing tool as it pays to know about different packages, which are being offered by different service providers.
Have you been worried lately about your competitors and how they can be extremely harmful for the growth of your business? Then it’s time to take some serious action. There is no need to worry rather it would be more effective if you start formulating effective strategies to beat your competitors at their own game. Here, are listed some of the most useful tips to help you emerge as the winner in this competitive business game.
Analyze The Market
Do you really think you know your market? Then think again. If you are making new strategies then don’t think your competitors are sitting idle. They are observing you as well. If you want to beat them at this competition then thoroughly analyze the market before launching any new products or redesigning your current products. Know the need of the buyers and also analyze the latest trends.
Focus On Specific Markets
To beat the competition, you need to focus on certain major markets instead of trying to create your share in each and every market. Analyze those markets in which your hold is the weakest or those which are the fastest growing. After properly analyzing that market, start implementing new strategies of promotion like e-marketing, telemarketing and free classifieds.
Focus On Specific Competitors
You might be having thousands of competitors but surely you do not have adequate resources to deal with all of them. The best strategy would be to focus on those competitors who are more prone to losing the market share due to unwanted changes in their products, personnel, strategies, etc. Keep certain competitors at the top of your list but be sure that you analyze all the others as well as you do not want to ignore any potential threats to your business. Also, keep a close watch on all the new and upcoming businesses.
Spend Money.. Increase Sales
At times, there are major downturns in the market due to which many businesses are reluctant to spend money on advertising or marketing. This is the time when you can spend money generously and use effective strategies to market your product. If you are the sole business undertaking advertising and marketing activities while all the others are hesitating to spend even a single penny then you will be successful in gaining a huge market share in times of downturn and carve a niche for yourself in the market.
It would be highly advisable to analyze your business’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats as they would be helpful in gaining an overview of your own business, which would help you in implementing effective strategies.
If you keep all the above mentioned points in mind then it would be highly effective in helping you gain a special share in the market, which cannot be taken by other major or minor businesses no matter what strategy they adopt.
The export and import industry in India is booming. The growth of Indian exporters is incomparable. Due to the increase in the use of Internet to market products and services, these Indian exporters are making their presence felt globally. The internet has a wide and international reach and is very effective in marketing products globally. India has been in the export and import business since time immemorial and its reputation is growing by the day.
Have you ever wondered what exactly is the reason behind such a drastic growth in the export industry in India? Let us analyze the causes.
Till the 1990s, India had a closed economy with very less opportunities for export. The export took place nationally only and did not traverse the geographical boundaries. The new government, which was formed in 1991 formed a new liberal export-import policy which allowed the Indian exporters to export their products globally. The Indian exporters who were so eager to display their products in the international market took this opportunity as a blessing. They charged headlong into the export business and created a niche for themselves in the global market. The Indian Government is bringing new policies so as to create more opportunities for the Indian exporters and bring foreign revenue into the country.
Growth Of Small And Medium Sized Enterprises
The growth of the small and medium sized industries has largely contributed to the growth of the Indian exporters. The growth of these two sectors has created an opportunity for these Indian exporters to go global.
Online trading has immensely helped these Indian exporters to display their products on an international platform. With the growth of B2B marketplace in India, the small and medium sized enterprises are able to operate globally. B2B transactions have many benefits like reduced marketing time, instant payment and easy transaction methods.
Association of Indian Exporters
Many Indian exporters have created their own associations. These associations help other exporters to make profits by lending them effective methods and techniques of trading.
If the Indian Government implements new policies of export then the Indian export business is expected to flourish further. These policies will help the Indian exporters create their own special place in the global market.