Generating valuable sales leads for B2B marketing can sound like a daunting task but the key here is to understand the psyche of the target market and work out a strategy that can give returns on a long-term basis. By connecting to the buyer or seller in a manner that stresses on the quality of the relationship, you can definitely generate more profits for your company. But generation of such leads is an art that needs to be mastered by your sales and marketing department to give you the desired edge. This article discusses some important tips and techniques that can go a along way in getting quality leads.
Business Directories – The Gateway to Success
Get listed in the most popular business directories. This puts you right in the middle of the B2B market place where you can directly interact with the buyer/ suppliers on a common platform and generate valuable leads for your business. You can also maintain online communication and let the clients know that you are not only interested in making your offer but care about their business as well.
The Good Old Way of Telemarketing
Building successful relationships for B2B marketing usually involves approaching associates face-to-face, but as more and more companies are realizing, the option of telemarketing is equally useful. With this technique you can reach out to the key decision makers and even have substantial savings on the costs as compared to the direct approach.
Networking on the Web
Creating an online network through E-mails is another good technique wherein you can send out newsletters and mails with latest tips related to the potential client’s area of business. Fostering relations through this may take some time as you gradually become a prominent contact in the list of such associates, but it is eventually very beneficial.
Get Hold of That Precious Reference
Another great way to get hold of B2B sales leads is to generate them through referrals of your partners and existing clients. This has a definite advantage, as you can get quality leads that are already looking for the offer that you have to make. Referrals have emerged as a tried and tested method for many companies who had reached saturation while searching for leads in the existing segments.
Marketing on the Web
New age marketing has given way to powerful techniques, where the whole world is within the reach of any buyer or supplier. Techniques like internet marketing and web social networking can be of immense help as you tap the online market and expand to get leads on a global basis with a few clicks. Another important tool is Search Engine Optimization where your website is promoted to have better visibility in front of the target market.
A successful B2B marketing strategy involves the building up of relations with your clients and is persistent in the approach. You have to cultivate meaningful relations over time and make the full use of such an opportunity in order to have an edge over similar companies in the market.
Small Business Classifieds are the short yet powerful means of gaining a good number of precious leads for your business. Though they may look simple in comparison to expensive advertisements but they have the potential to have a much wider reach and attract relevant prospects. If used properly then Small Business Classifieds are an inexpensive way of generating sales and can take a small business to greater heights while enabling bigger companies to have fresh leads.
People who go through the Small Business Classifieds are already aware of their wants and are looking for a particular section that gives them enough options to choose from. Although it places you in an advantageous position for target marketing, it also puts you in danger of being outmaneuvered by other companies who have placed a better ad than yours.
Writing a good Small Business Classified is also beneficial if you want to have quality leads and to avoid getting huge number of irrelevant inquiries that do not translate into sales. Also, your ad should not contain any false promises or claims to mislead buyers.
A Small Business Classified Ad needs to create an immediate impact since it competes against hundreds for attention. Including attractive words like: ‘right now’, ‘new’, ‘free’, ‘bargain’, ‘save’ etc. are a sure shot way of creating attention. But make sure that your Ad has relevant words within the first line itself, to maximize the effect.
Some Important Points to Remember:
- Two things are necessary to have a Small Business Classified of high quality- have an experienced person write it and observing the advertising style of your thriving competitors.
- After placing active marketing words in your ad, make sure that even in a short and concise text you are able to convince the buyer about the legitimacy and reliability of your products. Including the benefits of the product makes it have a buyer’s perspective as opposed to writing its features.
- Include contact details visibly and if there are direct sales involved, do not forget to mention the price. If you have a website then mention the address as it will direct the readers to information that could not be fitted into the advertisement.
- It is widely proven that any advertisement that appeals to the emotions of the buyers gives definite results. If you can create this magic in your Small Classified Ad then it can work wonders. Most companies do not realize this and resort to cheap ads that have little value.
Here is a sample of how a small advertisement can generate interest in a buyer who is looking for Used Cars.
Looking for best Cars at half the price?
‘ABC’ has the largest Used-Car collection that has the finest models with a ‘brand new’ look.
Fulfill the dream of having your own Car that combines luxury and economy in one great offer of a lifetime. We have hundreds of brands and models to choose from that are within your budget, just call us on the below mentioned numbers to get your hands on the best car bargains-right now!
The beauty of Small Business Classifieds is that even the smallest ads that need little investment can generate many leads over a long time span. While they continue being published in newspapers or online business directories, they can provide you with the much needed attention in the fierce market where every company is vying for the attention of the prospective buyers.
What exactly is Online Marketing? Online Marketing, also known as Internet Marketing or E-Marketing, is the marketing or promotion of products and services online. As the current trend in market is that of marketing products online, the manufacturers and suppliers of product have to keep in mind the fact that they are marketing their products in the 21st century. To match the rising standards of customer demands, the manufacturers have to use the most effective means of
doing online marketing of their products to increase sales in the market. This can be done by using adequate and effective platforms available on the internet. Below mentioned are some of the major platforms you should consider while marketing your products.
- Websites : – The most important platform would be your business website. The first thing a prospective buyer would notice is the website, its overall appearance and how the different products have been displayed. The website should be entirely professional so as to create a good impression about the business in the mind of the buyers. The most important aspect about your website would be the content and the images. The content should be adequate and the images should be appropriate and attractive.
- Wikipedia : – Have your business enlisted on the Wikipedia directory. Though not as popular as other platforms, Wikipedia is one of the most searched websites. Having your business entered in Wikipedia will lend more popularity and credibility to your business.
- Blog : – Blog is another very important platform for marketing your products. If your business does not have a blog, then it is losing out on the authority it could gain if it has its own personal blog.
- Online Press Releases : – Online press releases are very important and can boost your product sales. Press release helps your business gain more exposure and credibility.
- Social Networking Sites : – Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are a very good option for promoting your business online. You can create a Fan Page of your business on these sites to allow better communication between companies and online community.
- You Tube : – Though predominately an entertainment focused platform, its reach is indisputable. Load HOW-TO videos and business presentations on You Tube to catch the attention of an unlimited number of people and prospective buyers.
Keep the above mentioned platforms in mind while promoting your products online as more than your products, it is your website and your promotional tactics which will help you sell your product.
Lead generation, according to Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia, is defined as, “A marketing term that refers to the creation or generation of prospective consumer interest or inquiry into a business’ products or services.” Lead generation is generated through search engines. Lead is basically generated for list building and winning customers. There are several factors which will decide how much lead you can generate for your company. The major 8 would be discussed here in this write up:
- Don’t Sell. Help Them Buy: - The most important factor to be kept in mind would be to help someone buy a product or service instead of selling it. Lead generation should be a sequence of dialogues and conversations rather than campaigns. You should not force your product or service upon someone. Tell them the benefits and help them decide whether they really want to buy the product or not. Be a reliable advisor rather than merely a sales person.
- Collaboration of Sales and Marketing Teams: – Many conflicts arise in a business or company due to differences in the policies of the marketing and the sales team. Both the teams should have internal co-operation among themselves and they should both craft their policies keeping in mind the needs of the customers rather than their own personal or individual needs.
- Develop Customer Profile: - Every customer is different and you should make sure that your marketing and selling techniques appeal to all the customers. Thoroughly acquaint yourself with the current and potential customers to know their needs and expectations better. Separate the good customers from the bad ones. Ask them their feedback and recommendations and always be at their service to assist them.
- Universal Lead Definition: - The lead definition should be simple but universal. It should appeal to different types of customers. Combine the leads with the ideal customer profile and you will get a much desired consistency.
- Marketing Database: – Maintain your marketing database effectively and efficiently. The quality of your database can influence your lead generation. It is important to keep abundant information about a prospect in a single place so as to make it accessible to everyone.
- Lead Generation Approach: - The lead generation approach should not be a single one. Maintain a portfolio of different channels, which can be used in lead generation.
- Management Of Lead Generation: – There should be an effective management of lead generation, which will help direct and convert sales leads into customers. Proper management can be undertaken by identifying opportunities, tracking, measuring and reporting leads, measuring sales performance, dealing with inquiries centrally and defining devices for feedback.
- Lead Nurturing: - Nurture your leads by undertaking a lead generation process, employing methods to motivate sales people, help in positioning sales people and capture future opportunities.
Keeping the above mentioned points in mind will help you generate faster and effective leads that will prove as the most important factor for the success of the business.
Ever heard of the phrase, “There’s no such thing as free lunch”? Well, think again. The new concept of Free Online classifieds is gaining immense popularity. Businesses always consider the advertisement of their products and services very burdensome because of the financial angle attached to it. Businesses mostly use local dailies, magazines, commercials on TV, radio and the worldwide web. As the Internet has emerged as the most popular and important technology, online advertising has become a trend today. Companies advertise their products online, which cost a lot of money depending on the type of product or service being advertised. Now the latest trend is Free Online classifieds, which can help companies advertise their products and services for free. Let us then take you through the various advantages and disadvantages of Free Online Classifieds.
- Economical: - The most important advantage is that these free online classifieds have the potential to deliver your message or advertisement to potential customers loud and clear.
- Wide Reach: - As internet is used extensively worldwide; it has a very wide reach, which is beneficial for a business as one single message can traverse boundaries and reach people across the world.
- Quantity: - One business can publish as many advertisements as they can on as many websites as desired. It is highly beneficial for any business. Sometimes the same advertisement cannot be posted twice but there are always compensations for that.
- High Optimization of Classifieds: - Most of the classifieds are highly optimized and easily show up on search engines provided there are major key words and key phrases included.
- Choice of Advertisement Placement: - The businesses can place their advertisements on a particular demographic region or can place them at a location or website, which is universal.
After the major advantages, there are certain disadvantages as well:
- Expiry: – Most of the free classified advertisements have very short lives. They can disappear in a week or stay as long as for 45 days also. Their availability is not consistent.
- Product Information: - The information about a product and service on these free online classifieds is sometimes not complete, which can lead to misleading perceptions about that particular product or service.
Keeping the above advantages and disadvantages of Free Classifieds in mind, businesses can decide their preferred channel or means of advertising.
Have you ever felt burdened with your cash transactions or you are not able to keep track of your cash transactions? Have you been worried about how well your clerks are providing customer services? Generally many businesses fail due to these problems, which actually have simple solution. The solution comes in the form of Point of Sale System, a software system with the most dynamic technology. Point of Sale System is basically an electronic system that processes transactions for merchandise and services. You can program the system according to your specifications like the relevant data about products and services and also various customer service options. This helps you manage business effectively and helps you to meet the needs of the market. The degree of success by using this system is increased tenfold. The most important components of a Point Of Sale System are:
- The actual transactions are done by cash registers, which are electronically connected to a computer.
- Software programs that take the data sent to them by the electronic cash registers.
- The physical space where these systems are installed and where these transactions take place.
- The trained cashiers who operate the computer enabled machines and carry out the actual cash transactions and give the receipts of payment.
With the advent of Point of Sale Systems, the burden of numerous cash transactions has decreased considerably. Though the Point of Sale System is costly, the cost for buying them is procured within a year or two.
Major Benefits Of Point Of Sale Systems Are:
- Point of Sale Systems helps in tracking and managing of inventory. As it records the data daily, it can accurately keep track of all the sales made in a day, a week, a month or year and so on.
- The Point of Sale Systems can be helpful in tracking promotions. If a product is promoted, then the amount of that product sold determines the success of the promotion.
- It completely eliminates the use of paperwork and makes the entire process computerized thereby making the process more accurate.
- Point of Sale Systems includes bar code scanners, which makes determining the price of a product easier and accurate as compared to entering the bar code manually.
- Reduces sale discrepancies as the product price is accurately determined and it provides improved customer service.
- The point of Sales System can determine accurately, which products are sold more or which products are sold less so as to boost the promotion of the lesser sold products.
The Point of Sale System has come a long way from being available in a few selected stores to being the mainstay of every department store, supermarket, malls or shopping complexes. So, incorporate it in your business and see the difference.
Lead generation basically refers to the generation or creation of interest or inquiry of the prospective customers into products and services of a business. Lead generation is the process of having an agency develop a website or forms a partnership with other websites to display or advertise your products or services. It is done for the purpose of winning new customers and creating a market for the business. Lead generation is not a new term but it has now developed a new approach, that is, through the use of internet. Lead generation is used by many different businesses but the major ones that use lead generation are educational institutions, office suppliers, insurance agencies and furniture stores. The major benefits of lead generation are:
- It is advantageous for buyers because information about many businesses that offer different products and services can be requested and accessed quickly.
- Sellers have the advantage of pitching their products and services to someone who has given them permission to do it.
- It enables significant increase in the sales thereby increasing the revenue.
- A company has control over the leads received and the geographical area where the company wants to conduct its business therefore it reduces the cost of generating leads and company only pays for the lead that they receive. Hence it is very cost effective.
There are various methods of obtaining fresh leads for your businesses and industries. Some of the major methods are:
- Affiliate Marketing can be used for lead generation. Affiliate Marketing is the process of rewarding entities for each visitor or customer that the entity or affiliate has brought about on the site. For example some sites reward cash or gifts for the completion of an offer.
- Search Engines are very effective in providing your business with fresh leads.
- Pop-Up ads are also very helpful if you want to generate fresh leads for your business.
- Apart from the internet, think of other interesting places where you can display your company logo or contact information and links to your website.
- Keep yourself aware about exhibitions, workshops or expos taking place around you that might target the people fitting in your customer base.
- Collaborate with other businesses to get more information from them.
As lead generation is one of the most important aspects of any business, following the above mentioned methods will help you generate more leads for your business and hence increase your sales and revenue.
A business is never successful until unless it is promoted well. Business promotion today, has explored new dimensions by venturing into various new online and offline strategies. With the emerging trend of online business, it has become almost mandatory to have your business presence on the internet. Online Business Directory are the easiest and sure shot way to effective promotion on the World Wide Web.
What is a Business Directory?
A business directory is just like Yellow Pages that carry the addresses and phone numbers of endless businesses categorized under different sections.
Online business directories are divided into various categories or lists. Each list carries details and other relevant business information that eases the visitor to search for his required product or service. Businesses from all parts of the world register themselves on these directories and thus connect to other businesses and customers on this effectual platform.
If you are running an online or offline (brick & mortar business) and are not part of any business listing then for sure you are losing out on countless opportunities. Here are some points that will let you know as to why you should opt for online business directories.
Why opt for business directories?
These online business directories are the most cost-effective way of promoting a business. In comparison to advertisements, these listings cost very less and at the same time reach to wider audience.
Saves on Time:
As these directories are categorized, it saves a lot of time of the user. E.g. if a buyer is looking out for raw materials for his garment factory then he will straight away search in the fabrics or threads section and choose the best deal.
These online directories offer various attractive deals or packages in which along with the listing your business is advertised for free through banner ads etc.
Listing with these directories automatically offers your business a wide exposure thereby bringing in more and more business opportunities.
Thus, by now you must have come to know that the online business directories are the key to successful business promotion. These are the gateways through which customers from all across the globe get connected to you. So, why wait then simply choose a trusted and popular business directory- list yourself in the suitable category- enjoy more business opportunities. We wish you happy trading.